Lenwell responds to the Milton Keynes Housing Strategy Consultation
Milton Keynes have issued a draft Housing Strategy for 2019-2024, a copy of which can be seen here.
Lenwell have provided a detailed response, a copy of our letter can be seen here. The letter reads:
Milton Keynes Housing Strategy 2019-2024 Consultation Response
Lenwell Limited is a well established property management company with nearly 30 years experience operating across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire and North London with a total managed estate of 3000+ homes. Milton Keynes is one of main areas of operation. and we currently manage close to 300 properties within the MK Borough.
We have reviewed the draft Housing Strategy document and would make the following comments:
On the basis that the Private Rented Sector continues to grow as a provider of housing in the Borough, and there are concerns referenced about the quality, it is essential that the Council develop an effective response to ensure that the PRS in MK is being properly managed - actions within the actual strategy should include:
- An evidence based pro-active approach to the enforcement of standards and legislative requirements within the sector
- Making a clear public stand on non-compliance and the outcome of enforcement action
- Developing a positive relationship with the providers within the PRS sector - take steps to make the Landlords Forum an effective mechanism for engaging with the sector and the catalyst for driving up standards
- Ensure that there are clear performance targets built into the Strategy’s Action Plan and that performance against those targets are regularly monitored and report on publicly
- Review and update the information contained within the Council’s website - for both Landlords and Tenants
We look forward to the outcome of the consultation and the final strategy when approved.