Buy To Let
When people are unable to get onto the property ladder or are uncertain about moving, they end up renting for longer periods. This surge in tenant demand leads to more competition for rental homes, and therefore, higher rents.
Average UK rents have soared by 13.6% since 2009, with a further rise of 2% predicted this year (2013).
In addition, the number of UK households renting has increased over the past decade from 31% to 36%, according to the latest Census data.
This means there's great demand for rental homes in many places. With around In four out of every 10 homes private rental sector in certain areas.
All this is good news for Landlords who are able to make a tidy profit.
Successful buying-to-let is dependent on:
- Buying the right kind of property in the right location that appeals to a large range of tenants
- Good tenants who will pay the rent and look after the property
- Your ability to manage the tenancy properly
- Compliancy with the rules and regulations on letting property
- Not getting emotionally attached to your property. It's generally a long-term investment and a mistake to treat it as your own home.
|Investment Property Returns|
|This is a useful spreadsheet for those interested in buy-to-let or commercial property as an investment. Estimate the return on capital for almost any scenario. Determine when it pays to borrow and use gearing to enhance your return. Download Now|
(Use Investment Property Return Calculator from current Buy to Let Page)
Please download our spreadsheet for those interested in buy-to-let or commercial property as an investment. It will allow you to estimate the return on capital for almost any scenario, determine when it pays to borrow and use gearing to enhance your return.
We would be delighted to assist you in starting or increasing your Property Rental Portfolio – call your local Lenwell office today for help and advice.
Download a pre-formatted spreadsheet to make your own mortgage and income calculations.